Complete Review of Features and Specifications of Vivo V21, Stylish Midrange Smartphone Made Locally
Watblog - Vivo V21 is a mid-range smartphone made by the Chinese phone manufacturer Vivo. It was released in April 2021 and is available in several countries, including India, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
Features and specifications of the Vivo V21:
Design: The Vivo V21 features a sleek and stylish design with a slim body and a matte finish. It comes in three colors: Sunset Dazzle, Dusk Blue, and Arctic White.
Display: The phone has a 6.44-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels. It has a 90Hz refresh rate and a 20:9 aspect ratio.
Processor: The Vivo V21 is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 800U processor, which is a mid-range chipset that can handle most regular tasks with ease.
RAM and Storage: The phone comes with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. There is also a 256GB storage variant available.
Battery: The Vivo V21 is equipped with a 4000mAh battery that supports fast charging technology. It comes with a 33W FlashCharge adapter.
Camera: The phone has a triple camera setup on the back, which includes a 64-megapixel primary sensor, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 2-megapixel macro lens. On the front, it has a 44-megapixel selfie camera with OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) support.
Connectivity: The Vivo V21 supports 5G connectivity, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and USB Type-C.
OS: The phone runs on Android 11 with Vivo's Funtouch OS 11.1 on top.
Other features: The Vivo V21 features an in-display fingerprint scanner, dual stereo speakers, and Hi-Res audio certification.
Overall, the Vivo V21 is a stylish mid-range smartphone that offers a good balance of features for its price. Its main selling points are its high-resolution selfie camera, fast charging technology, and 5G connectivity. However, the MediaTek Dimensity 800U processor may not be as powerful as some of the other mid-range chipsets available in the market.
How does the Vivo V21 compare to other mid-range smartphones in terms of performance?
The Vivo V21 is equipped with a MediaTek Dimensity 800U processor, which is a mid-range chipset that can handle most regular tasks with ease. In terms of performance, the Vivo V21 is comparable to other mid-range smartphones in its price range.
However, there are some smartphones in the mid-range segment that are equipped with more powerful processors, such as the Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G or 768G, which may offer slightly better performance. Some examples of smartphones with these processors include the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro, OnePlus Nord, and Google Pixel 4a 5G.
That being said, the performance of a smartphone does not solely depend on the processor. Other factors, such as RAM, storage, and software optimization, also play an important role. The Vivo V21 comes with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage, which is more than sufficient for most users. Additionally, Vivo's Funtouch OS 11.1 is well optimized and offers a smooth user experience.
How does the Vivo V21 compare to other mid-range smartphones in terms of camera quality?
The Vivo V21 has a triple camera setup on the back, which includes a 64-megapixel primary sensor, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 2-megapixel macro lens. On the front, it has a 44-megapixel selfie camera with OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) support.
In terms of camera quality, the Vivo V21 is one of the best mid-range smartphones available in the market. The 64-megapixel primary camera produces sharp and detailed images with good color accuracy and dynamic range. The ultra-wide-angle lens and macro lens also perform well, allowing users to capture a wide range of subjects.
The 44-megapixel selfie camera is one of the highlights of the Vivo V21. It produces high-quality selfies with great detail and color accuracy, and the OIS feature helps to reduce blur and shaky images.
Compared to other mid-range smartphones, the Vivo V21's camera performance is on par with or better than most of its competitors. Some smartphones in the same price range, such as the Google Pixel 4a, may have better camera software and produce more accurate colors, but the Vivo V21 offers a more versatile camera setup with a higher megapixel count.
1. Primary Camera: The Vivo V21's 64-megapixel primary camera uses a Sony IMX 682 sensor and supports PDAF (Phase Detection Autofocus) and EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization). It also has a wide f/1.89 aperture that allows more light to enter the camera sensor, resulting in brighter and clearer photos.
2. Ultra-wide-angle Lens: The 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens has a 120-degree field of view and an f/2.2 aperture. It can capture a wider perspective than the primary camera, making it ideal for landscape and group photos.
3. Macro Lens: The 2-megapixel macro lens has a focal length of 4cm and an f/2.4 aperture. It allows users to capture close-up shots with great detail and clarity.
4. Selfie Camera: The 44-megapixel selfie camera is one of the standout features of the Vivo V21. It has a wide f/2.0 aperture and supports EIS and OIS (Optical Image Stabilization). It also has a dual-LED flash that helps to illuminate selfies taken in low-light conditions.
5. Camera Software: The Vivo V21's camera software is user-friendly and offers a range of features, including Night Mode, Super Night Selfie, and Super HDR. It also has a Pro Mode that allows users to manually adjust settings such as ISO, shutter speed, and white balance.
In summary, the Vivo V21's camera features are impressive for a mid-range smartphone. The primary camera, ultra-wide-angle lens, and macro lens offer a versatile camera setup that can capture a range of subjects, while the 44-megapixel selfie camera produces high-quality selfies with great detail and color accuracy. If camera quality is a priority for you, the Vivo V21 is definitely worth considering.