Gulshan Verma leads the media network business in India and North America for Komli Media in his capacity as VP and Country Head. He as worked in Europe, North America and now Asia over his career in Media & Entertainment and has been focused on digital media for the last decade or so. His previous roles and responsibilities include Director Sales Strategy, Yahoo! India and Director Product Marketing, Yahoo! Search Marketing.
He has worked as a consultant at McKinsey & Company and also at Ernst & Young, International Management Group (IMG) and The Associated Press. In addition, he is an advisory board member of the Direct Marketing Association of India.
These are the 5 trends to watch out in Digital Space in 2013 according to Gulshan.
- Viewable CPMs (CPMV) - Earlier in 2012, ComScore announced that almost 31% of its online ads are not viewed I.e. Not seen by a user. If a user cannot see the ad, they cannot be influenced by it. In our tests, Komli has seen a direct link between the viewability percentage and the overall effectiveness. That is why we introduced India’s first CPMV rate – again verified by an independent third party tool that will give media planners and marketers everywhere peace of mind in their online display advertising that is being bought.
- Social Media Marketing moves firmly onto mobile – In 2012, Social Media sites like Facebook showed that a majority of its users in India were accessing them mobile (either exclusively or in conjunction with the PC). Expect that trend to continue and for marketers to now spend more time devising mobile first engagement options.
- Online Video becoming a replacement for niche channels – Depending on who you speak to.. The top 5 Online Video Solutions reach around 6MM+ users a month – comparable in reach to many niche TV channels and on top of that targetable and measurable in real time.
- Programmatic buying (via Real-Time Bidding) goes mainstream and across many different platforms…
- Maybe.. 4G gets released in India and dramatically improved internet access speeds for many.
Registration Link: WATSummit2013 | Venue: The Orchid Hotel, Mumbai | Date: 15th February, 2013