Arun Sharma has been working with Bharti Airtel Ltd, South Asia as VP Marketing – Head Media for the last 8 years. During this period he has been at the forefront of many important developments and the last one being the launch of the new brand identity in Nov, 2010. His job involves keeping the Airtel brand salient, explore unconventional & efficient channels to reach out to the consumer base and improve brand health scores. He has been part of the media industry for the last 15 years and has handled media planning & buying responsibilities in some of the top ad agencies in India and worked on accounts like Coke, Nestle, Gillette, J&J & GSK.
Arun will be a panelist on the topic, ‘Digital Media – can it build a Brand on it’s own?‘ at WATSummit 2013.
Here are the top 5 Digital trends for 2013 according to him.
1. Mobile Advertising to carve a place for itself in the media plan- Mobile medium has the highest reach & involvement among devices however, it was not commercially leveraged as desktop by publishers. That will change in 2013.
2. Growth of Social Commerce: As the cost of acquistion increasing by days there is dying need to convert likes to sales and many savvy marketers are going to focus on that.
3. Big Data to Smart Data: Armed with large data and latest tools, the marketers are going to graduate from measuring the quantum of audience to behaviour targeting.
4. M-Commerce: Airtel launched M-Commerce early this year and have already enrolled more 0.5 mn users. With easing of rules by RBI in the later part of this year and expected entry of other operators, these mediums are ready to takeoff in a very big way and revolutionize the e-commerce.
5. Faster mobile connectivity will lead to convergence of multiple screens: Gone are those days when people used to surf net in the day time & watch television in the night. Now is the age of multi-tasking and people love video upload, tagging, talking about the shows they are watching. With the advent of 4G LTE and drop in 3G surfing rate more people will watch their fav programs on their tablets, smart phones.
Registration Link: WATSummit2013 | Venue: The Orchid Hotel, Mumbai | Date: 15th February, 2013