Vodafone has brought satellite radio to its customers with the launch of their new value added service for its customers in 18 Indian Circles. Now you can enjoy great satellite radio on your mobile phone for a very nominal price.
Vodafone has made available 10 exclusive radio stations which will have more than 1,00,000 lakh songs. The content is very Indian specific and the channels includes many regional flavors. The satellite radio service also has a music trivia feature which will satisfy your curiosity of the Indian Music greats. The service costs Rs. 30/month and includes 300 minutes of free usage. Vodafone’s product page also points out that the service is not live in Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh.
Here is the lowdown on the 10 exclusive channels on the service:
- Farishta – Best of Bollywood!
- Falak – The greatest ghazals!
- Sonar – The best Bengali music ever!
- Umang – All the flavours of Gujarat!
- Surabhi – The best of Marathi music!
- Tunak – The greatest Punjabi hits!
- Sparsha – Legends of Kannada music!
- Thenisai – The greatest hits in Tamil ever!
- Spandana – Best Telugu classics!
- Madhuri – Classics and latest Malayalam hits!
Activation of the service is fairly simple & there are three ways to activate the service.
- Call 58000 on your Vodafone mobile. The number is toll free.
- SMS ACT Wradio to 111. This is toll free too.
- USSD: Dial *514*580#
Mobile value added services are the biggest way for Telecom companies to make their revenue, something that Tata Docomo has been pretty good at. This is a good sign for Vodafone as Radio is seeing somewhat of a comeback in the country. WorldSpace Radio shut down 2 years ago due to the disappointing number of subscribers.
Did you like Worldspace Radio? Will you go for this new service from Vodafone?