- Multi-Round: When the clock starts, find as many words as your eye can spy and watch the points rain down. The game consists of three rounds:
- Round One: Classic play with standard point values for each letter.
- Round Two: ‘Double Down’, includes double letter and word values strewn throughout the game board.
- Round Three: ‘Triple Crown’ with triple letter and word scores.
- Power-Ups: Before each round, players are able to stock-up with special Power Ups:
- Freeze: Take a moment to chill by temporarily stopping the clock to find more words.
- Inspiration: Got scrambler’s block? Inspiration highlights up to three words you haven’t found yet.
- Scramble: Shake things up by using Scramble to give a new view of the game board (5 uses per match).
- ‘With Friends’ Magic: Scramble With Friends offers all of the elements that make ‘With Friends’ games easy to pick up and hard to put down:
- Turn-based, allowing players to play at their own pace.
- Similar scoring and the same dictionary and match-making engine as Words With Friends.
- In-game chat included – great for trash talking, or whispering sweet nothings into each other’s phones.
- Connect “with friends” – players can connect Scramble With Friends with their existing ‘With Friends’ account or utilize Facebook Connect to easily find new friends to challenge.
- Tokens of Play: Players start each match with tokens that are replenished over a period of 20-minutes. Each player can choose to spend a token for an additional Power-Up, adding a layer of strategy for how the game is played. Additional tokens are available through In-App purchase on the App Store.
Quite a social game, eh? Zynga has been busy because of their IPO which happened last month. Zynga also tried to buy Angry Birds developer, Rovio but it simply shrugged them off. Zynga’s IPO was expected to be the IPO of the year but it was something of a disappointment with trading happening at well below share prices after an initial boom. How will this affect Zynga and its India plans, time will only tell.
You can get the ‘Scramble with Friends’ iPhone and iPod touch versions at the App Store. Do let us know us know whether you liked the game.