Moneycontrol.com, one of the most well known financial portals in India, has launched new versions of its Markets on Mobile app for Apple’s iPhone and Nokia’s touch phones. The mobile app keeps Moneycontrol up to date with what’s going on in the market.
Here’s what the app offers :
- A real time stock ticker and the ability to receive quotes for any stock.
- Portfolio Management : If you’re a moneycontrol.com user, you can keep an eye on how your portfolio is doing.
- A News section – pretty much self explanatory.
- Messages – Which lets you see MessageBoard that is on their website.
- Live TV lets you watch CNBC-TV18 and CNBC Awaaz. It also has a video on demand section which seems to have clips from these channels.
I spent about 5 – 10 minutes with it. Seems to have all the basic features you’d expect. Various Indian Indices as well as foreign markets. Market movers across various categories such as Top Gainers, Top Losers, Most Active and 52 week highs and lows. As well as data for commodities and currencies.
Here are a few screenshots from the iOS version.
I’m a little surprised there seems to be no BlackBerry version. Can we expect an Android and a BlackBerry app anytime soon?
Have you used the Markets on Mobile app? Try it out and let us know how useful it is.