WATBlog Wednesday Pune – From Scare to Smashing Success! (Check Pics)

Well pune did give us (especially me) a scare. We registered 350 people and by 8pm only about 20 odd had turned up.. I was hoping this to be our largest WATBlog Wednesday in terms of turnout (as earlier ones have had 100 odd turn outs). But as time went by i started panicking.. But.. Hold on.. Soon my panic gave way to cheer and happiness as the crowd started flowing.. By the end of it we had a 160 people turnout by far the largest turnout for a WATBlog Wednesday! Thanks a ton Pune!

For those who dont believe us (given that we will obvouisly blow our trumpet) please check out the twitter conversations around the WATBlog event! Im still recovering from the excess beer but it seems my techie friends are on twitter tweeting their take on the event as well.

As far as our take is concerned well we shall let the pictures speak a 1000 words (after a night of beer thats the easiest way to write a 1000 word post ;))..

carlsberg beer

Carlsberg Beer arives at the venue (A tad late but stil a good 1 houre before the start .. First scare for us!)

Burrp’s Rajeev Sathe & WATShow Editor Gautam Bhatia do a tasting session before the event to make sure its Carlsberg! yea rite!

The banners are up on the gate.. Its show time folks!

We believe every hand deserves a Carlsberg! :D

The party is warming up!

Top view of the WATBlog Wednesday! Check out the networking!

Sharanya from Microsoft gives a short but very engaging talk on future development tools by Microsoft

The audience listens intently to sharanya!

Techies Follow sharanya to know more on MSDN and its initiatives.

Round table conferences over beer? Anyone?

Ohk now you know we really did have unlimited beer.. this is what it does.. :D

For more pictures log on to our facebook fan page where the album is uploaded! We thank each of you for making it and making Pune the venue for the largest WATBlog Wednesday yet! I hope other venues start competing soon! ;)

We also want to thank Our sponsors MSDN and Sharanya for coming over and adding a lot of value to the event. Burrp and Rajeev Sathe for being true event partners and Rohan from Social Webfactory for supporting us and making us connect with the pune tech junta! I also want to personally thank Gautam Bhatia our editor who played multiple roles without a crib and was a fantastic support at the event.

Ohk now that my oscar speech is over Ill remind our readers that this isn’t it.. We have a video as well and it will soon be out (as soon as gautam carlsberg blood turns into normal blood! ;)). And we shall keep you updated with that as well.

We look for feedback and also how we can make WATBlog Wednesday a regular affair across cities? Right now we do this once a month in one city in India! So november – mumbai, december – bangalore and now Jan – Pune is done.. WAT Say? Should be set up a WAT Volunteer group for events? Do send in comments/feedback/brickbats (But pls dont send beer for a week!).. See ya on another wednesday nite.. soon!

20 Responses to “WATBlog Wednesday Pune – From Scare to Smashing Success! (Check Pics)”

1. January 22, 2009 at 10:57 am #

Thanks Rajiv and everyone else involved in organising it.

2. January 22, 2009 at 11:09 am #

I would say… “cheers”

3. January 22, 2009 at 11:34 am #

Missed it :(

4. satish
    January 22, 2009 at 11:57 am #

Missed it… I didn’t knew that there will be a beer for real

5. Santosh
    January 22, 2009 at 11:59 am #

This is one of the best events organized.
    Had a good time meeting techies from different stream :)

Keep Rocking Rajiv

6. January 22, 2009 at 12:01 pm #

@satish – Do you think we are that shallow to lie about it? hehe.. Now that you know.. Hopefully next time you will be there!

7. January 22, 2009 at 12:02 pm #

Thanks to both Rajeev & WATblog for organizing such a fun meet.. It was a great experience.. and would wish more meets like these happen in Pune :).. Cheers!!

8. Santosh
    January 22, 2009 at 12:06 pm #

Rajiv do you have more pictures to publish ?

9. satish
    January 22, 2009 at 12:06 pm #

@ rajiv: hi rajiv sorry for doubting u people… Ya I will be there next time for sure…

10. January 22, 2009 at 12:07 pm #

@Santosh:

All the pictures we clicked are on the facebook fan page whose link is given in the post.

11. January 22, 2009 at 12:15 pm #

Cheers to all who were there and cheers to the ones who will be there the next time.. great event.. well executed and looking forward to more :)

12. January 22, 2009 at 12:47 pm #

I’m having a feeling that good things are happening in Pune when I left Pune. Or wait! is it just I can’t see myself missing such good events? ;)

This turned out to be a “BAR”camp in actual sense

Glad to see the crowd and so many known faces.

Cheers (virtual) to the whole WATblog team for organizing this, let me know if anything is ever planned in Delhi

*** Freak people are still roaming in Pune in T-shirts

13. January 22, 2009 at 12:56 pm #

Man !!! This sucks !!
    I think I was the only dope who spent two hours circling Chandan Nagar and asking for the address and at 8pm finally gave up and went home.
    Hey Rahul, could you be a wee bit more specific about the address of the venue next time ?

14. January 22, 2009 at 12:59 pm #

@Raseel:

I think you mean Rajiv :). Well Garden of Eden was the only landmark. I know it was a tough place to find but it was a great place as well! And well worth the effort to find. Wish you had been clued in to twitter which was being updated with how to find the address.

15. January 22, 2009 at 1:00 pm #

Nice pictures rajiv, looks like you’ve had a great Beercamp , may be you can rename the event :)

16. January 22, 2009 at 1:01 pm #

@Pradeep Kumar:

Hehe.. The beer was only to open people up and get them talking.. I mean no one puked at the event so I guess this was not a teeny beer party scene.. But trust me a pint of beer and you feel like you are the world’s best networker and a lot of other things.. but our focus was networking and making connections ;)

17. January 22, 2009 at 2:21 pm #

Not so happy looking at this pics.. we never had such Beer Fest from WatBlog in Bangalore..

However I am happy to see the massive growth of WatBlog.. I still remember how I bumped into watblog a year back..

18. January 22, 2009 at 2:27 pm #

The event was really cool!! It was good to meet all the enthusiastic techies and ofcourse the *free* Beer :-). Looking forward for the next event. Keep it up guys!

19. Dinesh
    January 22, 2009 at 2:45 pm #

I missed it :)

20. January 22, 2009 at 5:31 pm #

Rajiv was very generous in giving coupons for Carslberg Beer,
    i used 14 coupons :) ,
    thanks Rajiv,
    It was amazing event and i had a blast.

Thanks and Regards