Be a BIG part of the next BIG thing! Join WAT!

Yes, you read it right; WATBlog / WATConsult is hiring! If you are reading this then you surely know what WATBlog is all about :). It’s one of the most popular Indian blogs that covers news, views and reviews on WAT – Web, Advertising and Technology!

But we do something else as well and that is WATConsult – Our Web 2.0 Strategy Consulting arm, through which we ideate, conceptualize, initiate and implement web 2.0 strategies and ofcourse, make a lot of money :D WATConsult works with MNC clients on Corporate Blogging, Social Media Optimization and Web 2.0 community initiatives.

Besides, we also own a cool and whacky online video show WATShow.com and for all those who wanna hire professionals for their companies, we own and run WATJob.com, a job blog!

That’s not all. We are a small company that’s deaming BIG! We are growing faster than we can even handle! So. we are looking for people who can be a BIG part of this BIG growth story. Help us handle more fun! Join us! Read on for why to join…blah blah blah..

So what are the kinds of people we are looking for?

We are looking for internet freaks, geeks, web technology enthusiasts, whizkids and mad people who are very confident that they won’t build the next Google but will build something bigger! :D

What qualifications are we looking for?

We don’t care if you did farming previously or polished shoes for a living. If you can blog and read blogs (please tell us you love Techcrunch!) and are very active on social networks like facebook and orkut (hopefully you are on pownce twitter too), if you know what social bookmarking is and Digg stands for a website to you and not a spelling error, if you can use MS Paint / Photoshop and make good product ideation while transforming them into screenshots, then you are hired!!!! If you happen to possess even 1 or 2 of the above skill sets, you can still call / email us! But in order to apply, you surely need to have one quality, Willingness to LEARN!

What attitude would you need to have?

Well, attitude is what we like! But it got to be a cool attitude! We don’t care what you wear to the WAT office as long as your work rocks. We like guys/girls who get things done whether it’s their job or not. We hate job profile suckers and “I won’t do this kinda work” attitude! It’s a young team and we like to work like one! So join the gang to be a part of the gang!

But… What the hell will you be doing?

Good question! Normally, you will be munching up cup noodles and drinking lots of Tang/coffee/tea, and if you are lucky – beer! At the WAT Office, you will show Big and Small companies how to be cool and converse with it’s audience online. You help companies get talking with their customers/consumers/target audience. Which means a lot of blogging, social networking, a few ppt presentations, brain storming sessions and ya, we are very musically inclined! So, we play everything from linkin park, akon to atif aslam and hrithik roshan songs!! So, if you have no work on a certain day, you can entertain us with your DJ’ing skills :D

Finally…. What will you earn?

How much do you want to earn? If you’re smart enough, you will know your worth! If you are not! Then please don’t apply! :P In short, salary has no bar as long as you are smart, hardworking and great fun and can prove all that to us in the first interview! Ya, we don’t do more than 1 interview!

Ok, You are excited? You wanna join! Where do you call/email/barge in???

Call me at 09820761167 (If I don’t receive your call or don’t call back, it should mean I’m busy eating cup noodles. So, email instead!!) Email me at rajiv(at)watconsult.com (Don’t spam! We will kill you! :P). You can barge in at our Goregaon (West) office in Mumbai! Just come till the famous InOrbit Mall and give me a call! If we are around you will get free noodles! By the way, you can also check out this post, “WAT  Team shifts to a new office…“, where the office is marked on Google Maps.

PS: We are looking to hire ONLY 4 dudes or babes right now.. SO APPLY FAST! Offer open till noodles last!

41 Responses to “Be a BIG part of the next BIG thing! Join WAT!”

1. December 11, 2007 at 11:56 am #

Pity. Seems just like the kind of thing I would want to do – but I am stuck here in Singapore! Arrgh.

2. December 11, 2007 at 4:27 pm #

Seems like a fun place to work n chill :-)

3. December 11, 2007 at 5:34 pm #

sounds fun to me, but why would you want this to be day job? that seems to be hitting the road block.

4. Annkur Pandey
    December 13, 2007 at 5:07 pm #

Nice way ofputting up the job requirement guys.All in all Watblog is an excellent information hub about the current happenings in the online space.Well do let me know if I can be of any help to you guys as I am engaged in a full time assignment with a company in Mumbai as a online marketing manager.But dont wanna miss out on the oppotunity of working wih you guys.So particularily Iam interested to serve WATBLOG on a project or a part time basis then do lemme know on my email or You can call me @ 9890460901.All the best

5. anand
    December 14, 2007 at 12:34 pm #

are you looking only for full time members? any possibility of associating part time?

6. December 20, 2007 at 1:22 am #

Well love to work with WATblog team,,will be a great fun in the online world.But can we work offshore sitting right at our place.

7. December 27, 2007 at 12:57 am #

Thanks for the response guys.. the reason this needs to be a fulltime office based job is coz we are looking for longterm core team members. People who are as serious about WAT as we are! :)

8. Ankur
    December 31, 2007 at 12:14 pm #

Hey,
    Things which you have mention is very impressive, if its really true then i hope this would be a dream place to work.

9. Aditi
    January 2, 2008 at 4:25 pm #

seema like a sexy place to work for….coolness to the hilt i guess….wish had it here in delhi.i wud kick my job n join asap….

10. Madhu
    January 8, 2008 at 3:03 pm #

hey,
    Now that is what i call as the perfect workplace and job… sounds fantastic and i’d love to join ur office…. i’m a fresher jus out of coll:)… woo hoo…

11. salil
    January 17, 2008 at 9:56 pm #

Hi Rajiv,

how about another branch office in Pune? I wud luv to devote my time n skills for your Company.

12. January 21, 2008 at 6:04 pm #

Why should I work for you , if I am capable of doing bigger that you can teach.

13. sonpal
    February 1, 2008 at 8:16 pm #

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    viedo interview very good concept for new future oriented student

14. February 2, 2008 at 9:18 am #

Rock on mates . Fuc i thought u guys were a USA based site first looking at the straight talk and the Vibe comming out of this site !

15. February 4, 2008 at 10:50 pm #

a very attractive post….web 2.0 and baiting to the core…but its very appreciative…this post boasts about the talent you guys have…Kudos

16. Hi, first of all congratulation for really nice posting.. :) I’m 100% fit for your wanted profile, like I’m internet freak ‘n geek and totally mad.. can’t believing?? then just Read my new blog posting on my BLOG.. :D @ http://prashant7aug.blogspot.com/2008/02/blog-post_05.html

But i’ve only one problem.. i don’t like CUP NOODLE.. :( right now i’m trying to eat the cup noodle and when i’ll start liking the cup noodle, i’ll contact you.. so don’t change your number.. :D

17. Gaurav Jaluka
    February 8, 2008 at 12:10 am #

You people are starting a new revolution in india.I am very clear with the idea and expectation reflecting in your mind.

18. February 8, 2008 at 11:18 am #

Thanks all! Its really encouraging to see all your comments and it really drives us at WAT to do better!

19. February 8, 2008 at 2:50 pm #

i would luv to join the WAT gang but dont u have office at delhi/NCR…

20. arun kurup
    February 15, 2008 at 4:24 pm #

hey..great stuff in your pack of wishlist…..include me in your noodles ….you will get gaurenteed new flavour

guys let me know as vineeta said earlier place to work in delhi

21. Nilesh
    February 20, 2008 at 3:13 pm #

gr8 place to work for those who are not serious about their long term goals….

22. February 20, 2008 at 5:06 pm #

Hey Nilesh, Thats a little judgemental i must say. Well We are a cool company who do some kick ass work! Yea We arent the place you would wanna work for 30 years (I dont think we would be alive for that long!) but yea 3-4 years would be awesome for you and for us! There is tremendous learning in this place which would actually stand you in great stead for the future :)

23. February 27, 2008 at 2:36 pm #

Hi Folks,
    nice to meet you guys virtually.
    Keep up the good work ( I mean keep generating the content so that the guys like us can eat it whenever they wish and never run out of it)

Thanks
    Bhaskar

24. March 3, 2008 at 1:56 pm #

Sounds Great.

Lovely Branding.. Damn COOL :)

Amit

25. March 10, 2008 at 10:41 am #

Hey Rajiv,
    Tell me if you want to open a Delhi representation .
    I fit the bill, will give you a smart office and tasty cup noodles.

Cheers

26. potato dude
    March 11, 2008 at 12:18 am #

Now DATS wat i call a FUN JOB ENVIRONMENT! Man i wish u all were hiring around a year ago. Right nw am kinda held up in a job, which is a little uneven at the moment but tryin to make it wrk, infact am wrkin in a new startup which has a few of similar wrk ethics as u one might say and things r kinda beginning to come together, i think. But lets c maybe in the near future if u guys recruiting again and i will try it out :) Gud luck to u guys though. And whoever gets those 4 posts…ENJOY DUDES/BABES!!!! ;)

27. March 18, 2008 at 1:24 pm #

Great site.

28. SS
    March 18, 2008 at 7:37 pm #

this is called good marketing.. great show guys… the post is brilliant.. cool

29. March 24, 2008 at 5:46 pm #

Wish you guys were in Mumbai…

30. April 15, 2008 at 2:56 pm #

hey great work,

I started blogging few months back and my site has already earned a Page ranking of 4. I have researched a lot about blogging and this is what charges me every time when i run out of battery.

You won’t believe in the coming times blogging will become synonymous to marketing and all companies will look towards this medium for real promotions of their products.

regards

Amit Bhagria

31. April 23, 2008 at 8:13 am #

Would definitely be interested!

32. ambica
    June 12, 2008 at 5:19 pm #

Hey Rajiv,

Just went through your requirements.. Looks interesting and trendy, matches the company’s image not too many companies are able to pull that off.

I wish you all the best.. Keep thinking funky thoughts :)

Ambica

33. vivek
    June 13, 2008 at 5:55 am #

i am so impressed

34. June 13, 2008 at 1:10 pm #

Keep the Good Show up!!!!

35. rohit
    June 16, 2008 at 10:45 pm #

I really think you ppl should let part-timers work for you.most of us are students and we also love to do this kinda stuff.will b of great use as content writers and researcher’s .and yea many of us are big time net freaks with lots of social networking in our blood.we have our own blogs and yea we are definitely interested which would assure proper efforts form our side.anyways good luck and hope you consider what m tryin to say
    GOOD LUCK!!

36. June 17, 2008 at 7:34 pm #

Good luck folks. I think you are doing great work.

/a

37. June 19, 2008 at 5:53 pm #

Hey rajeev great place to work… are you still hiring???

38. June 19, 2008 at 5:54 pm #

Hey rajeev great place to work… are you still hiring??? http://www.net4crafts.com

39. Nikhil
    June 19, 2009 at 4:54 pm #

Hey Rajiv,

Would luvvvv to work fr kick ass co lik urs.
    Y dont u open a office in Delhi NCR which would cater to digital marketing need fr Cos up north.. and I can join u..
    n believe me.. I am qualified
    Best of Luck mate… U’ll go a long way.
    Cheers!