Microsites seem to have become a trend among companies. Microsites are quickly catching up with companies and media agencies and seem to be the need of the hour. even at WATBlog we tend to blog about a new microsites atleast twice a month.
- They are easier to promote and as a great supplement to a ad campaign.
- Engages users with the brand on their platform.
- Microsites allow companies to Stretch beyond their existing Parameters and open up to users at their level and relate to them without being too formal.
- Microsites give life to the brand and probably brings users closest they can ever get to a brand in terms of interactivity. Mentos intern is a good example of that, where users were able to interact with the mentos intern and even ask him to do things which wouldn’t be possible anywhere else.
- They bring in quick results.
It is observed that most of the micro sites have a short life span and involve huge advertising costs in the offline world. Maximum money is spent on TV and Radio ads and then it trickles down to online ads.
Heres a look at some microsites that have gone by -
Sunsilk – www.sunsilkgangofgirls.com
Clinic all clear – makeyourmoves.com
Mentos – Mentoshelpline.com
Pepsi – Pepsi Jukebox
Ponds – iblushed.com
Happy dent – www.perfettivanmelle.in/happydent.in
7up – 7up.in
lux – xappeal.in
Close up – closeup.com/
Kwality walls – spillurdill.com
So what’s the latest –
Gillette is promoting its gaming website gillettewinners through Radio channels allowing usres to play games which their brand ambassadors endorse and giving a chance for the users to meet them. Another one is Nokia. Nokia is giving out N95 & N81 handsets at its Microsite digitalplayzone. users have to participate in a technoholic contest.
Microsite seems to be the perfect technique to create a quick connect with the users. i see this trend catching on and with so many successful cases i am positive that offline Advertising agencies will look at Microsites as the next best option. The Pull method is the most effective method in (atleast in the online sphere). Microsites encourage conversations with the brand, therefore one must remember